UPDATE: John Collins is sentenced to 60 years in Department of Corrections.
Kathleen Featherstone is sentenced to 30 years in prison.
VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Vigo County Courts are one step closer to finding justice for local radio personality.
Matt Luecking was found dead in his apartment in October of 2016.
Two of the people who police say are responsible are expected to be in court today, for sentencing. The court tells News 10 the judge will either accept or reject the plea deals for Kathleen Featherstone and John Collins.
They’re two of the three people accused of killing Luecking.
Featherstone has pleaded guilty to three charges. The most serious is burglary resulting in serious bodily injury. Her plea deal will be decided Friday.
The second person charged with the death of Luecking is John Collins. According to the court, the judge will also decide Friday if he accepts his plea deal or not. If the judge accepts, the court says they will decide Collins’ final sentence.
These two are only a fraction of the story.
News 10 has new information for the third person accused of killing Luecking.
Don Featherstone has officially agreed to a plea deal. His trial was supposed to start next week.
In the plea agreement that the Vigo County Court provided, it states Featherstone will plead guilty to the murder of Luecking. His sentence will be capped at 50 years in prison. Featherstone will receive credit for time already served, as stated in the plea agreement.
The agreement was signed March 2. The judge will still need to accept or reject the plea agreement before a sentence is determined.
Collins and Featherstone were supposed to testify in Don Featherstone's trial.
We are working to get more information this morning about these brand new changes.
News 10 will be inside the courtroom today to learn the sentencing of two of the defendants.
- All three suspects plead guilty in Matt Luecking murder case
- Man connected to the murder of Matt Luecking in court
- Honoring Matt Luecking's memory, one year later
- Judge sets new trial date for woman charged in Matt Luecking's murder
- Sentencing of fourth person charged in the Matt Luecking murder is Wed afternoon
- Man convicted in connection to Matt Luecking murder in court for probation violation
- "He was taken from us." Luecking's loved ones prepare for final sentencing in murder case
- Suspect involved in Vigo County child neglect case agrees to plead guilty
- Two of three suspects arrested in connection to radio DJ's murder plead guilty
- Terre Haute man pleads guilty in stabbing case