TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - The Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce says it supports Vigo County Schools.
The organization announced its support for the school's referendum Monday night.
It’s an operational referendum. That would allow the cooperation to pay the people within our schools. It would also keep them from making 8 million dollars in budget cuts.
The chamber released a statement on its support. It reads in part, " We must look at not just this single issue, but also the long-term future of the VCSC and the impact on taxpayers in Vigo County."
You will have a chance to vote for or against the referendum on November 5.
- Chamber of Commerce supports Vigo County Schools referendum
- Vigo County group launches PAC to support casino referendum
- Chamber of Commerce hosts holiday party
- Marshall Chamber of Commerce holds open house
- Chamber of Commerce names next President
- Vigo County School Board passes referendum for school
- We're learning more about Vigo County School's Referendum
- Tax Payers Association endorses Vigo County Schools' Referendum
- Chamber of Commerce, volunteers spring clean in downtown Terre Haute
- Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce wants your feedback