TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - November is National Adoption Mont.
The Terre Haute Children's Museum held a celebration on Friday night.
They honored adoptive and foster families.
Indiana Adoptive Program representatives were there.
Mayor Duke Bennett read a special proclamation.
A traveling exhibit called the Indiana Heart Gallery was on display.
The exhibit features children in foster care.
Right now, there are over 150 children needing loving homes in Indiana.
To learn more about the program, click here.
- Celebration honors adoptive and foster families
- Group relieving burden for local foster families
- Indiana families hopeful about proposed ‘foster parent bill of rights’
- Illinois Bicentennial Celebration to honor 200 veterans
- Salvation Army looking for volunteers to adopt a family
- Local need for foster parents becoming urgent
- Bill to help foster parents moves forward
- New resource opens for foster parents
- Foster mom hopeful bill gets signed
- Foster family nonprofit comes to help children in the Wabash Valley