TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - November is National Adoption Mont.
The Terre Haute Children's Museum held a celebration on Friday night.
They honored adoptive and foster families.
Indiana Adoptive Program representatives were there.
Mayor Duke Bennett read a special proclamation.
A traveling exhibit called the Indiana Heart Gallery was on display.
The exhibit features children in foster care.
Right now, there are over 150 children needing loving homes in Indiana.
To learn more about the program, click here.
- Celebration honors adoptive and foster families
- Vigo County celebrates National Adoption Day with local families
- Group relieving burden for local foster families
- Hoosier lawmakers urged to support foster families
- Family pushes for adoption subsidy bill
- Indiana families hopeful about proposed ‘foster parent bill of rights’
- Illinois Bicentennial Celebration to honor 200 veterans
- Salvation Army looking for volunteers to adopt a family
- Parents prepare to adopt 4th child on National Adoption Day
- Olney adopts new recycling fee