VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Plans are still in the works for new grandstands at the Vermillion County Fairgrounds.
News 10 spoke with Ron Brink of the Cayuga town council.
He told us the insurance company just settled on the project.
Brink said they are roughly $900,000 short of the rebuild's original price tag.
He said they are now working on a new design to cut costs.
Brink said they hope to start and finish the rebuild this year.
He added for this year's fair, there will be rented bleachers.
If you would like to donate to the project, you can do so at the First Financial Bank of Cayuga.
The grandstands were destroyed in a fire that happened in January of last year.
- Cayuga nearly $1 million short of building new grandstands at fairgrounds
- Cayuga Grandstand Project receives big donation
- Crews break ground on new Vermillion County Fairground grandstand
- Illinois fairgrounds foundation falling short in fundraising
- Cayuga man arrested, facing drug charges
- Former Cayuga clerk-treasurer faces federal charges
- Man arrested, facing charges after fight in Cayuga
- Illinois man walks away uninjured from serious Cayuga crash
- Parke County students make the trip to Cayuga wetlands
- New grandstand construction set to begin after fair