CAYUGA, Ind. (WTHI) - A man is facing drug charges following his arrest on Friday.
It happened around 8 p.m. in Cayuga, Indiana.
The Vermillion County Sheriff's Office says a deputy tried to conduct a traffic stop on a grey Chevrolet Impala during Operation Pullover.
Police say that's when the vehicle accelerated and drove erratically through a residential area.
After a short chase, police arrested Joshua L. Fitzwater, 28, of Cayuga.
He's currently in the Vermillion County Jail on a $10,000 bond.
Fitzwater faces charges of Resisting Law Enforcement with a Vehicle, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Methamphetamine and Possession of Paraphernalia.
Police also cited Fitzwater for false license plates. Police impounded the vehicle.
- Cayuga man arrested, facing drug charges
- Man arrested, facing charges after fight in Cayuga
- Former Cayuga clerk-treasurer faces federal charges
- Cayuga Grandstand Project receives big donation
- Hymera man arrested, facing drug charges after police stop
- Illinois man walks away uninjured from serious Cayuga crash
- Four arrested, facing drug charges in Washington, Indiana
- Parke County students make the trip to Cayuga wetlands
- Vermillion Co. Deputies arrest man on trespassing and drug charges
- Vigo County man already facing impersonation charge, arrested again