CASEY, Ill. (WTHI) - A local school corporation will officially receive a new school resource officer.
On Monday, the Casey-Westfield school board approved the officer.
Superintendent Dee Scott told News 10 the agreement is for a full-time officer.
The officer will be equally funded by the school district and the city.
Scott says the police department is in the process of finding someone for the position.
- Casey-Westfield board approves new school resource officer
- Casey-Westfield Schools expected to approve resource officer
- Meet Casey-Westfield's new SRO
- Community reacts to new School Resource Officer
- Florida shooting leads to school resource officer debate
- School resource officers sworn in, need for more
- Vigo County school resource officers gear up for new year
- Graduation nears for superintendent training to be school resource officer
- Vigo County School Board approves raises for returning teachers
- Clay County school board approves new track and football turf