CASEY, Ill. (WTHI) - The home of six of the world's largest attractions is officially growing.
Casey, Illinois held a measuring ceremony Saturday to add a few more largest attractions to the list.
Guinness World Records measured six more items for the city, and they passed!
That means they're now home to 12 of the world's largest items.
News 10 spoke to one man working to add to the world record book.
"We've all put efforts in to make these world records just to bring life back to our town, and try to spark some entrepreneurship, and it has. People have fixed up buildings and trying to redevelop parts of the downtown to where we can come up with some stores and stuff," said Jim Bolin.
Items measured include the world's largest twizzle spoon, barber shop poll, golf club, key, teeter-totter and gavel.
- Casey, Illinois adds six more world's largest attractions
- Marshall, Illinois Casey General Store granted liquor license
- I-70 crash in Illinois just west of Casey forces detour
- New attractions coming to Holiday World next summer
- World's most popular attractions, according to Uber
- The world's largest plane just flew for the first time
- Two Clark County towns attempt world record for largest items
- Meet Casey-Westfield's new SRO
- Another big item in Casey, Illinois. But this one is 'tiny'
- Indiana State University projects attract 1,200 jobs