TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Terre Haute Police Department has issued a warning after a card skimmer was found at a local gas station.
Police say a skimming device was pulled off of a card reader inside of the Circle K Gas Station at 3rd and Chestnut Streets.
Previously, police reported the skimmer was found on a gas pump, but later said it was found on the inside reader.
Police say these types of devices are used to steal your credit card information.
Officials warn to avoid using any loose card reader and check for security decals and labels.
If the yare missing or broken, that is a good indicator someone has tampered with the machine.
Tell the attendant if you have any concerns.
- Card skimmer found attached card reader inside Terre Haute gas station
- Two credit card skimmers found at Paris, Illinois gas station
- Terre Haute man accused of trashing the inside of a gas station...over stolen ice cream
- Terre Haute teen sentenced for shooting gas station clerk
- Terre Haute Police search for man wanted in credit card skimming case
- Gas pipeline upgrades underway in Terre Haute
- Police searching for man accused of robbing Terre Haute gas station
- Two gas station clerks physically okay after a series of Terre Haute armed robberies
- Terre Haute gas station lends a hand to federal government employees
- Gas for less than a buck? Terre Haute gas station promotes remodel with a deal drivers could not pass up