TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - A Terre Haute road has been re-named for a local fallen police officer.
The new name was revealed Monday morning
A portion of Erie Canal Road is now considered Rob Pitts Memorial Way.
The sign is hanging near Canal Road and Davis Drive.
Community donations paid for the sign.
"This is just another way that Rob will never be forgotten of course for us he will never be forgotten. people who didn't really know him or just knew the story, anytime they come by here and see his name, they can remember him in that fashion.” said Gregg Pitts, Rob’s brother.
Pitts was killed in the line of duty in May.
- Canal Road and Davis Drive named Rob Pitts Memory Way
- Regional Hospital memorializes Officer Rob Pitts
- Photos: Remembering Officer Rob Pitts
- Great turnout for Officer Rob Pitts Memorial Ride
- Officer Rob Pitts Memorial sign to be placed on Monday
- Where to donate to the Officer Rob Pitts Memorial fund
- Remembering Officer Rob Pitts: An overview of Wednesday's memorial services
- Saturday fish fry will benefit Rob Pitts Memorial Scholarship
- Officer Rob S. Pitts Memorial Way: Terre Haute City Council votes to rename road
- Remembering Officer Rob Pitts: The graveside services