TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute nursing home is working to better take care of their patients.
Westminster Village hosted a COPD educational event on Thursday.
COPD is a lung disease that makes it hard to breathe.
The training will help them to better care for their patients and save Medicare dollars.
Employees say it will help prevent re-admission to the hospital.
The event helped employees learn the symptoms and signs of COPD.
- COPD educational event held at Terre Haute nursing home
- Launch Terre Haute hosts women-centric event
- Terre Haute event focuses on women's health
- Postive Approach to Care Workshop held in Terre Haute
- Light Your Way parade held in downtown Terre Haute
- Terre Haute home destroyed by overnight fire
- Terre Haute prepares for city wide clean up event
- Terre Haute group holds 'Drugs are Spooky' event
- Terre Haute North students hold special event for Camp Navigate
- Local event brings wheelchair awareness to Terre Haute residents