TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Wednesday night was all about people who give their time to children in Vigo County.
Court Appoint Special Advocates were honored at the CASA Gala.
The volunteers help children through the juvenile court system.
The gala highlights the work they do throughout the year.
"You're coming in in a disaster situation...at the worst time in a family's life. And trying to advocate for that child...it's a very difficult volunteer opportunity," CASA State Director Leslie Dunn said.
Many Vigo County children are still in need of CASA volunteers.
- CASA Gala honors volunteers
- CASA kicks off major push for volunteers
- Local group honors area volunteers
- Volunteers needed to help honor fallen Veterans
- CASA Volunteer: Kids don't have a choice, were born into situation
- 141 Vigo County kids need your help, CASA is asking for volunteers
- 'We deal with a lot of darkness,' Vigo County CASA in need of volunteers for the sake of the children
- ISU works to help Vigo County CASA
- Politicians learn about CASA through forum, tour
- Sullivan County begins first ever CASA program