Photo Gallery 1 Images
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Knowing the signs of human trafficking. That's what one organization taught those in our community Saturday night.
Ascent 121 is an organization from Indianapolis.
They are an advocacy and recovery service, providing tools and identifiers to help community members recognize signs of human trafficking.
The CANDLES Museum of Terre Haute hosted the event, inviting the public to learn about the hidden signs of human trafficking.
One organizer says human trafficking can happen anywhere.
"It happens all the time, year round, in most cities, in every state," said Cindy Reinke, Ascent 121 speaker.
Reinke says the event is important to bring awareness of human trafficking.
- CANDLES hosts human trafficking awareness event
- Terre Haute Humane Society hosts clear the shelter event
- Locals march to raise awareness of human trafficking in Wabash Valley
- Local boutique works to fight human trafficking
- ISU hosts Earth Day events
- Regional Hospital hosts recruitment events
- Kristallnacht survivor speaks at Candles Museum
- Local community hosts Relay for Life event to raise money and awareness
- FBI: 120 arrested for human trafficking in joint operation
- Groups gather to put an end to human trafficking