TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Businesses and drivers alike are glad Margaret Avenue is open again.
Drivers were crossing the overpass by late Wednesday afternoon.
The gas station at 25th Street and Margaret Avenue was closed for part of construction time.
The owners say their business took a hit.
But they, along with their customers are glad to have things back to normal.
"We are glad the road is open. Thank you Terre Haute, we are here to serve you," co-owner Amrik Singh said.
"About time...and the trains, always an issue. Gonna make a big difference in traffic on the south end of town...big difference," Dana Maffioli, a resident of the area told us.
Crews broke ground on the project back in April of last year.
City leaders hope it will ease train traffic and give people a way to get across town.
- Businesses and drivers celebrate the reopening of Margaret Avenue
- Margaret Avenue overpass officially reopens
- Margaret Avenue to fully reopen on Wednesday
- Margaret Avenue overpass project ahead of schedule
- Construction on Margaret Avenue overpass ahead of schedule
- Margaret Avenue project continues, street closures to be aware of
- Crews start the asphalting process of Margaret Avenue project
- The Margaret avenue overpass said to open on Wednesday
- Crews begin work to place finishing touches on Margaret Avenue overpass
- Margaret Avenue will be closed from Canal Road to 25th Street