TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - What would the holidays be without the perfect tree?
Tree farms like Holiday Hill in Terre Haute were pretty busy over the weekend.
Owners say they spend countless hours getting ready for the holiday rush of customers. Get this, they say it takes seven years for a tree to fully develop!
Owners say it takes a lot of time, but it's all worth it when the customers are happy.
"It's just a lot of fun," said Matthew Miller, owner's son, "A good place for families to come find a Christmas tree. It's as much joy for us to see families come out and find a great tree, the smiles on their faces."
Because of high demand, Miller says they open the farm the weekend before Thanksgiving.
Holiday Hill will be open until Christmas.
- Business is growing for local tree farm
- Local charity growing their operations
- Local first responders learn about farming emergencies
- August Farming Update
- Local gaming business gaining national attention
- Bitterly cold temperatures keeping local retailers busy
- Local businesses talk net neutrality at meeting
- Fire damages local business in Terre Haute
- Local business hosts back to school bash
- Local businesses promote TerreHaute.com with new decals