TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - It takes a community to properly educate children.
That's why one local board stepped up to do its part.
The Vigo County Education Foundation held "Business for Bagels."
It took place at Lost Creek Elementary School in Terre Haute.
During the meeting, board members gave out more than $40,000 in grants to Vigo County schools.
Local businesses and community members helped contribute to those grants.
"Those grants will potentially impact near 9,000 students...which is 60 percent of the Vigo County School Corporation. It's a really big deal...we're grateful to our community," Jane Nichols, Executive Director of the Vigo County Foundation said.
Organizers say the money will help enrich the education of students.
- Business for Bagels event raises big money for Vigo County kids
- Community leaders gather Business and Bagels
- Business raises money for autism awareness
- Business raises money for local cancer organization
- Bowling for Kids event raises funds for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Wabash Valley
- Birthday event raises money in honor of murdered radio personality
- Vigo County YMCA celebrates Healthy Kids Day
- Big donation to help Vigo County CASA
- Vigo County Public Library wins big award
- Money raised at charity game helps local kids