NEWTON, Ill. (WTHI) - June 14th is Burl Ives day in Newton Illinois. Ives is originally from Jasper County. He is best known for his role as the snowman in the Rudolph Christmas special.
Burl Ives days begins on Thursday with a free concert. The concert begins at 11 am at Peterson Park.
On Friday, the New Christy Minstrels will be at the Newton Community High School. The concert begins at 7 pm and costs 20 dollars. The event also includes a Burl Ives traveling museum.
For more information: Click Here
- Burl Ives day planned for Newton, Illinois
- Off the Beaten Path: Burl Ives
- Newton helps residents renovate
- FDA OKs powerful opioid pill as alternative to IV painkiller
- Apple's Jony Ive is leaving the company
- Newton hopes to address city water issues
- Newton leaders seek public input on cannabis
- Tree replacement plan at Illinois fairgrounds continues
- Illinois governor announces plan to legalize marijuana
- Illinois Senate concludes budget, construction, tax plans