VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute man will spend 16 years behind bars. for the murder of Thomas "Pete" Fuller III
Buddy Ellinger Junior pleaded guilty to reckless homicide, his plea agreement capped his sentence at 18 years.
Police found Fuller shot to death at the Greenwood Manor Apartments in June of 2016. Ellinger was eventually arrested during a stand-off with police.
News 10's Jon Swaner spoke with Fuller’s mother right after the sentencing. He says, as you can imagine, she was very emotional.
Hear what Fuller's mother had to say coming up tonight only on News 10 First at Five.
- Buddy Ellinger Junior sentenced
- Community Spotlight: Junior Achievement
- 2nd Annual Buddy Walk set for Saturday
- Second annual Buddy Walk honors Colton Murray
- UPDATE: Ellinger, Jr. takes plea during second day of murder trial
- Junior Achievement holds Hall of Fame dinner
- Kenneth Pitts Junior extradited to Vigo County
- Gas Buddy: National average to jump 19 cents
- New summer classes for ISTEP exam; 70% juniors in need
- Parents of suicide victim hopes "Buddy Bench" helps create lifelong friendships