Photo Gallery 1 Images
PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) -- A long time restoration project in Parke County is almost complete.
The final piece to restoring Bridgeton Mill in Parke County moved through Terre Haute.
The mill will soon be powered by water once again!
It hasn't been powered by water since the '50s when there was an explosion.
The new mill owners said they've been working for 23 years to get it back to its former glory.
Saturday, the old turbine was delivered from Florida to Indiana.
Because of the snow Saturday, the turbine couldn't make it all the way to the mill.
The owner said as soon as the weather clears up, they'll finish the restoration project.
- Bridgeton Mill is going back in time
- Photos capture high water at the Bridgeton Mill
- New book talks about the history of the Bridgeton Mill
- Jury selection underway for man accused of setting fire to Bridgeton Bridge in 2005
- "Guilty, but mentally ill" Jury convicts man for setting fire to Bridgeton Bridge
- UPDATE: Horses removed from puppy mill property
- Rescued puppy mill dogs find new homes
- Packing healthy lunches for back to school time
- Time to fall back: Daylight Saving happens this weekend
- Butter is back, just in time for the holidays