VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Construction on a bridge replacement in Terre Haute is on hold.
The bridge is on Poplar Street over Thompson Ditch near Fruitridge Avenue.
Vigo County Engineer Neil Costello tells News 10 that construction was supposed to start on Oct. 2 but several phone lines are still attached underneath the bridge.
Costello says Frontier Communications\ was supposed to re-locate the phone lines before construction started.
As of right now Costello says Frontier is waiting on a permit from Indiana Railroad but he says he is not sure how long that could take.
News 10 will continue to follow this story and bring you the latest when information becomes available.
- Bridge replacement over Thompson Ditch on hold
- Thompson's Honda relocating in 2018
- Finish line in sight for local bridge replacement
- Work on hold for Cook Road Bridge
- INDOT to hold public meeting on Clinton bridge
- Poplar Street Bridge Update
- All Starbucks locations to ditch plastic straws by 2020
- JCPenney is ditching appliances and most furniture from its stores
- Bridge repair on hold until Indiana Railroad responds to permit request
- Repaired bridge design holding up after storms, crews hope to reopen it soon