TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Delays continue for a Vigo County bridge that needs to be replaced.
The county had plans to replace the bridge at Poplar Street near Fruitridge Avenue last October.
The county engineer's office says the hold-up centers around critical fiber optic lines belonging to Frontier Communications.
Those lines are attached to the bridge, but Frontier wants to move them.
That requires boring under the rail lines, which requires a permit from Indiana Railroad.
So far, neither the county or Frontier have heard from Indiana Railroad.
The information has been submitted.
The county says it has sent all "right of way" information the railroad has requested.
- Bridge repair on hold until Indiana Railroad responds to permit request
- Section of Locust Street to close for railroad repairs
- Bridge closed while crews begin repair
- Parke County covered bridge closed for repairs
- Repaired bridge design holding up after storms, crews hope to reopen it soon
- ON HOLD: International Paper rezoning request put on hold
- Vigo County bridge reopened after structural damage repaired
- Vigo County bridge reopens after months-long repair process
- Board denies special permit request for adult orientated business at former Pizza City location
- Detour ahead: Several Terre Haute railroad crossings set to close for repair work