TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Many paid tribute to local veterans on Saturday morning.
It was part of the brick placement ceremony at the Vigo County Veterans Memorial Park.
48 bricks were laid to honor local heroes in the Wabash Valley.
Organizers say the bricks represent the appreciation to those who served.
"I enjoy doing this for the veterans. I think it's very important to be remembered. There's a lot of things we want to do to this park," said Larry Dietz Sr., Vigo County Veterans Memorial treasurer.
You can find the bricks at the Indiana State University Memorial Stadium on Brown and Wabash Avenue.
They are placed at the front entrance.
- Brick placement ceremony honors local veterans
- Bricks honoring local veterans
- Country club honors veterans during ceremony
- Local elementary school honors veterans
- Students at South Vermillion honor veterans in ceremony
- Organization honors Clinton veterans
- Local police and firefighters honors fallen heroes with special ceremony.
- Brazil community honors local Pearl Harbor survivor with special ceremony
- Two judges honored at a special ceremony
- Ex-Sen. Lugar honored at Indianapolis ceremony