BRAZIL, Ind. (WTHI) - One Wabash Valley school took the chance to show some appreciation for their hometown heroes.
On Friday morning, students at Forest Park Elementary School hosted breakfast for first responders across Clay County.
It began five years ago, only honoring police officers.
Now, the kids invite all first responders.
Principal Doug Jorgensen told us he wants his students to appreciate those men and women who serve our community every day...but also know they are normal people too.
"It's awesome...I mean there's no way to describe that because it gives you goosebumps. It gives you chills whenever you see all of these first responders standing there and all of these students cheering and clapping. It was a genuine appreciation and it really made me feel good," Jorgensen said.
They plan to keep the yearly tradition going next year.
- Brazil students honor first responders with breakfast
- School to provide free breakfast to students
- Brazil expands economic district
- Concert in Brazil honors young boy while helping community
- Brazil community honors local Pearl Harbor survivor with special ceremony
- Brazil animal service contract approved
- Bluegrass quartet performs in Brazil
- YMCA hosts 'Breakfast with Santa' event
- Annual pancake breakfast to celebrate 31 years
- Pancake breakfast to benefit Clay Youth League