PUTNAM COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - One man has died and a Brazil man is behind bars after a Monday afternoon accident on I-70.
It happened in Putnam County near the 46 mile-marker.
Police said they had received reports of a van driving recklessly on 70.
At some points, the van reportedly crossed the center line.
Police identified the driver as Brian Rosano, from Brazil.
Rosano reportedly hit Freddie Smith, from Sacramento, California.
Smith was trying to put up warning signals while repairing his truck on the side of the road.
He later died from his injuries.
Police arrested Rosano, charging him with causing the death of another person while operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of a controlled substance.
- Brazil man arrested after fatal I-70 crash
- Police investigating crash on I-70
- Police investigate fatal crash on WB I-70 near airport
- Brazil man arrested for fatal 70 crash has a history of driving violations and drug charges
- Heavy rain to blame for I-70 crash
- Several vehicles involved in I-70 Crash
- Victims names released from Saturday I-70 crashes
- Services set for Putnam County man killed in I-70 crash
- Police identify the man involved in deadly I-70 crash