BRAZIL, Ind. (WTHI) - Libraries are the center of many communities and that's why one local library is doing what it can to provide more services.
News 10 stopped by the Brazil Public Library on Wednesday.
That's where they are providing wireless internet hot spots for their patrons. Leaders say these hot spots are important for people who can't access the internet at home.
"Our counties have a lot of areas that does not have the internet available to the residents,” explained Director, Jill Scarbrough. “By providing the hot spots to their patrons they can do homework at home, they can do resumes online, talk to their families…"
In order to access those hot spots you have to a Brazil Public Library card.
- Brazil Public Library offering hot spots for their patrons
- Marshall Public Library offering tax help by appointment
- Patrons evacuated from Illinois restaurant for fire
- Vigo County public library hosts literacy fair
- Vigo County Public Library wins big award
- Brazil Christmas Parade offers a chance for tradition
- Brazil expands economic district
- Brazil eyesore demolished
- State looking into skin infections of tattoo parlor patrons
- Jack Dorsey, Twitter's CEO, blasted for patronizing Chick-fil-A