BRAZIL, Ind. (WTHI) - The Brazil Police Department is warning residents of another scam.
The Department says it’s received a complaint about a scammer pretending to be an officer.
The scammer told a local resident there was an outstanding "failure to appear warrant" in their name.
If the resident didn't pay the scammer, they'd be arrested.
The scammer also told the victim to put money on a pre-paid Visa and share the debit card number over the phone.
The Brazil Police Department wants to remind everyone that officers do not call residents asking for money.
They encourage you to get the phone number of the scammer, and report it to police.
- Brazil PD warns of phone scam
- Brazil business owner falls victim to phone scam
- Sheriff's Office warning of phone scam circulating in Vigo County
- Central Indiana police agencies warning of IRS scam phone calls
- Design complete, timeline set for new Brazil PD headquarters
- Rockville PD issues warning after animal complaints
- ISU Police warn students of scam
- Police issue warning about Parke County scam
- Terre Haute dentist a target for phone scam
- Jail bond phone scam circulates in Sullivan County