BRAZIL, Ind. (WTHI) - A symbol of generosity has turned into an act of vandalism, now, police are looking for those responsible.
First Christian Chuch in Brazil put together a "Blessings Box."
It's for people to take what they need during difficult times.
Organizers say it happened over the weekend.
They say someone burned it and destroyed the plexiglass.
The members of the church say this is very disheartening.
"To see that somebody cares that little about their community or helping others and their neighbors when somebody might be in needs...it's crushing," Leigh Pritchard said.
The group is offering a reward to anyone that has information.
If you know who is behind it, call Crime Stoppers at 812-238-STOP.
- Brazil Blessings Box, meant to help those in need, vandalized
- Blessing Box vandalized, organizers offering reward for help
- Blessing Box needs your help!
- Terre Haute Blessing Box receives a major blessing
- Terre Haute Blessing Box accepting donations to keep helping people
- It's a 'blessing' that the 'blessing box' returned to its rightful place
- Sullivan County middle school students start Blessing Box to help others
- Terre Haute wind broke not only the 'blessing box' but the hearts of those who donated
- A donation will help Terre Haute Blessing Box stand up to strong winds
- Local woman teams up with law enforcement to create blessing box