TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Terre Haute Boys and Girls Club is dedicated to helping children in the area.
On Wednesday - the organization received a holiday gift to help with that mission.
The Terre Haute Savings Bank presented the group with a check worth around $1,000.
Boys and Girls Club leaders say the money will go a long way.
"People don't realize how many after school programs that we have and how many children are in the building when school lets out from 3:00 to 7:00. To have those children in there you have to feed them. We have a computer lab, a robotics class so this will go to great use," Trent Miles, the CEO of the Boys and Girls Club said.
Terre Haute Savings Bank is celebrating 150 years in the community.
The bank is marking this occasion by donating to groups in the Wabash Valley.
- Boys and Girls Club receives $1,000 donation
- Boys and Girls Club receives $2,200 donation
- ReThink Inc. receives $1,000 donation
- Brazil Main Street receives $1,000 donation
- Union Hospital receives donation of 1,000 masks
- Terre Haute restaurant donates $20,000 to Boys and Girls Club
- Sullivan Beta Club receives big donation
- Boys and Girls Club CPO Resigns
- Boys and Girls Club announces new CEO
- Organization received big donation