CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Many struck out for a good cause Sunday night.
It was part of the Bowl for Kids Sake event in Clay County.
The bowling tournament is a fundraiser, with proceeds going toward Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Wabash Valley.
The organization offers after school programs and mentoring for kids.
"Just being involved in something bigger than themselves, and just being a part of something and a part of this community," said Christy Casassa, Big Brothers Big Sisters sponsor.
Organizers told News 10 the group raised more than $7,000.
- Bowling for Kids event raises funds for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Wabash Valley
- Bowl for Kids' Sake raises money for Big Brothers Big Sisters program
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters to hold weekend meet and greet
- Big Brother, Big Sister Program expands to Sullivan County
- Dance your way to helping Big Brothers, Big Sisters $25,000
- Baesler's hosts cookout to benefit Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters get together for holiday party
- Drive to raise money for Big Brothers, Big Sisters makes $124,000 nationwide
- A long waiting list for kids looking for their Big Brother or Big Sister
- '60 Mentors in Six Months' Big Brother, Big Sister launches new campaign to pair kids with bigs