Photo Gallery 1 Images
CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) -- Many laced up their bowling shoes and hit the lanes Sunday evening.
That's to help create a brighter future for Wabash Valley kids.
The Bowl for Kids' Sake took place in Clay County on Sunday.
All the money raised benefits Big Brothers, Big Sisters.
Chances and Services for Youth organized the entire event.
VFW Brazil Post 1127 was one of the teams bowling and raising money for the fundraiser.
"What I enjoy the most is you get a couple of handfuls of adults who haven't bowled for a long time and you get a couple of excited kids in the mix, it's just a great time," Shannon Combs, Incoming Commander for VFW post 127 said.
Organizers said the mentoring program is proven effecting in helping kids do better in school and stay out of trouble.
If you missed the event you can still support Wabash Valley Kids.
Find out how at the Chances and Services for Youth website, here.
- Bowl for Kids' Sake
- Bowl for Kids' Sake raises money for Big Brothers Big Sisters program
- Bowling a strike for local kids
- Kids compete in Quiz Bowl at Sarah Scott
- Bowling for Kids event raises funds for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Wabash Valley
- Bowling for a good cause
- ISU students hold Bowling and Voting Event
- Wabash Valley school places at Science Bowl
- Mysterious bowls of mashed potatoes confuse Mississippians
- GSKP organizes birthday bowling party fundraiser