TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Thanks to your donations a Wabash Valley mother has a special place she can go to remember her son.
Garrett Sands was killed more than a year ago and since then his mother, Jayna Sullivan, has been doing good deeds in his name. She created the Garrett Sands Kindness Project to help others.
Recently, the group collected plastic bottle caps to create a memorial picnic table. You can find it at Deming Park in Terre Haute. It’s near some of Garrett’s favorite spots like the Santa house, snow hill and buckeye tree.
Many people helped make this project a success like students from local schools who collected donations.
Sullivan says she feels at peace when she visits the memorial table.
You can learn more about the Garrett Sands Kindness Project by clicking here.
- Bottle cap picnic table honors local teen
- Students collect bottle caps to honor teens killed in accident
- Local vets honored with special picnic
- Plastic bottle caps collected for memorial benches honoring Madi Moore
- Students collect bottle caps for memorial bench
- Bricks honoring local veterans
- Harsha holds medical round table
- Annual Wabash Valley Music Hall of Fame Picnic held
- 151st Old Settlers Picnic kicks-off in Bowling Green
- Local group honors area volunteers