WESTFIELD, Ind. (AP) - Authorities say the body of a 73-year-old woman who was reported missing last month has been found inside her car in an Indianapolis-area retention pond.
The Westfield Police Department says the car was found Tuesday and the Hamilton County coroner's office identified the woman inside as Nancy Gillett of Westfield, who was reported missing Feb. 26. Her family has said she may have been going to a hospital to see her husband when she disappeared.
The death is under investigation.
No signs of foul play were reported at the home and WTHR-TV reports she'd left behind her cellphone. A statewide Silver Alert had been issued for Gillett.
Family members say she may have suffered from increasing dementia.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Body of missing elderly woman found in car in Indiana pond
- Autopsy completed for body found in pond
- Missing Indiana woman found dead
- Dugger man found dead in private pond
- Silver Alert issued for missing Indiana woman
- Body found in Wabash river
- Central Indiana woman formally charged in son’s car death
- Snowmobiler finds bodies of missing Indianapolis couple
- Remains in Indiana field IDed as woman missing since 2012
- UPDATE: Missing Dugger man found