SHELBYVILLE, Ind. (AP) — Police say the body found in an attic above an empty apartment in central Indiana is that of a man reported missing nearly a year ago.
Shelbyville police say the body of 44-year-old Derek Beagle was discovered in the attic Monday. He had been missing since November 2018.
Police say there were no signs of foul play surrounding Beagle’s disappearance or at the scene where his body was found.
The cause of death hasn’t been determined.
The apartment is located in downtown Shelbyville, about 20 miles (32 kilometers) southeast of Indianapolis.
- Body of missing central Indiana man found in attic
- Missing Indiana woman found dead
- Missing Greene County man's body found in Colorado
- UPDATE: Missing Dugger man found
- Dorian’s floodwaters trap people in attics in North Carolina
- Body of missing elderly woman found in car in Indiana pond
- Body found in Wabash river
- Miss ISU crowned Miss Indiana
- The woman at the center of a search involving U.S. Marshals Service found hiding Sullivan County attic
- Body of man in plastic bag found by Michigan hunters