HUTSONVILLE, Ind. (WTHI) - A body was found in the Wabash river.
Just after 9:00 Wednesday night, Sullivan County dispatch was alerted that a boater had found a man's body in the river, 2 1/2 miles south of State Road 154.
That's between Hutsonville, Illinois and Merom, Indiana.
Sullivan County Sheriff Clark Cottom says the body is an adult white male.
He says the body had clothes on and appeared to have been in the water less than 48 hours.
So far the sheriff is not releasing the identity or the cause of death.
An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday afternoon.
- Body found in Wabash river
- UPDATE: Body found in Wabash River in Clinton identified
- Body recovered from Wabash River in Clinton
- Man identified; Events leading up to body found in Wabash River
- Police release identity on body found in river
- Vincennes prepared for Wabash River after rainfall
- No foul play suspected after person found dead in Wabash River near Clinton cemetery
- Communities have the chance to apply for Wabash River grants
- Part of Wabash River bank falls in Illinois town
- Autopsy completed for body found in pond