TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Soon, the sounds of music will be taking over downtown Terre Haute.
Organizers are getting ready for the Blues at the Crossroads Festival.
It's an annual music festival in downtown Terre Haute.
The event brings in blues musicians from around the country.
Every year, organizers try to use some money to educate local children.
Every year organizers try to use some of the money earned to educate local children.
We spoke with organizer Connie Wrin.
She told us this year, a girl who received an instrument from the festival years ago will be performing.
"Studies have shown that kids that play music do better in school and do better in general at life," Wrin said.
Blues at the Crossroads happens on Friday and Saturday.
- Blues music will soon fill downtown Terre Haute as annual festival nears
- Group brings musical fun to downtown Terre Haute
- Downtown Terre Haute set to host Blues at the Crossroads
- Crews work to clean downtown Terre Haute after Blues Fest
- Crows in downtown Terre Haute
- Terre Haute warming center filled to capacity
- Celebrating the 31st annual strawberry festival in Terre Haute
- Does downtown Terre Haute need parking meters?
- Lee Company expanding in downtown Terre Haute
- New restaurant opens in downtown Terre Haute