TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Vigo County has a new special deputy.
That new deputy is Blaze the Arson Dog.
Vigo County formally deputized Blaze on Tuesday.
This means he is an official police dog, and it also means stiffer penalties if a criminal were to harm him.
We first met Blaze when he was a nine-week-old pup back in 2014.
Vigo County trained him to help arson investigators.
Since then, he's gotten certification and has been helpful in several cases.
- Blaze the Arson Dog is Vigo County's newest deputy
- Vigo County K-9 Blaze receives recertification
- Fire investigators launch arson investigation after Friday morning blaze
- Vigo County newest voting center was the most used in the primary election
- One of Vincennes' newest businesses expands
- Terre Haute's newest hotel approved to open
- Terre Haute house fire kills family dog, ruled arson
- Retired long-time Vigo County Deputy passes away
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office looking for reserve deputies
- Parke County deputies make arrest in dog starvation death investigation