TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI)- Love it or hate it, Black Friday shopping is upon us. Retailers want to grab your attention. So, they're offering early deals and opening their doors even on Thanksgiving day.
Americans are obsessed with deals. In fact, a study by Refinitiv shows roughly 63 percent of merchandise at department stores all over will be discounted this year.
Black Friday traditionally has the best prices and the best finds. The biggest categories for the holiday 2018 holiday season are toys from movie and television shows, tech-savvy toys, and nostalgic toys such as a Pac-man or Galaga retro arcade machine.
The Apple iPhone XR and Google Chromecast seem to be hot items.
Walmart's Black Friday online deals start on Wednesday, Nov. 21. at 10 p.m. Eastern time. Doors open at Walmart stores at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving day.
- Black Friday deals and hot holiday buys
- Best Buy Holiday Hiring Fairs Thursday & Friday
- Black Friday trends changing
- Black Friday sales blitz
- Early Black Friday shopping
- Black Friday deals draw in shoppers across the Wabash Valley
- SiriusXM buying Pandora Media in $3.5 billion deal
- Christmas trees and hot chocolate: Holiday Hill Tree Farm getting set for the holiday season
- Disney buying large part of 21st Century Fox in $52.4B deal
- The days of buying CD's at Best Buy are over