BRAZIL, Ind. (WTHI) - There are a lot of plans in the works for the City of Brazil.
A meeting was held on Tuesday at the YMCA.
Brazil Mayor Brian Wyndham says they plan to repave sidewalks, fix water line break issues, remove vacant homes, and bring more parks to the community.
The police department is also working to renovate the old Duke Energy building and transforming it into a new space for officers.
"I just want to see it progress and get better. In my 30 plus years here (in Brazil) I've seen it do just that. It's a lot cleaner than it used to be. I feel proud to be part of the community," resident Heath Hayes said.
- Big plans announced during Brazil State of the City address
- City planning big Poplar Street project
- Brazil's mayor talks the state of the city
- City Councilman addresses state request for city budget cut
- INDOT plans project to address dangerous intersection
- Brazil expands economic district
- Brazil Mayor's Ride a big success for the humane society
- Mayor Yochum gives Vincennes state of the city address
- City addresses 1st Street median project
- Brazil animal service contract approved