VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Court Appointed Special Advocates...or CASA work to help fight for a child's rights in an abusive or neglectful situation.
Now, their jobs have gotten a little easier.
The Vigo County prosecutor gave $5,000 to CASA.
It came from the Youth Crime Prevention Grant.
That money was used to get staff members a laptop.
Now, they can work at the courts and in the field to better advocate for kids.
Currently, CASA is taking care of 995 kids.
- Big donation to help Vigo County CASA
- International Paper donates $1,000 to Vigo County CASA
- ISU works to help Vigo County CASA
- Donation benefits Vigo County park
- Christmas in July continues for Vigo County CASA
- Vigo County CASA hosts trunk or treat event
- CASA shows off new gear after donation
- Organization received big donation
- Vigo County Public Library wins big award
- Clay County theatre receives big donation