VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - It's back to the drawing board for one downtown Vincennes project.
City officials have officially rejected the lone bid received for the Downtown Facade Project.
The Board of Works opened a bid from Arc for work on a total of nine building fronts.
That bid was rejected after coming in at $800,000.
The city already received $500,000 in grant money for the work.
The nine businesses impacted in the project have scaled down each facade design.
The project is set to go out for a rebid on July 9th.
- Bid for Vincennes Facade Project comes in too high
- Downtown Vincennes receives money to update facades
- Vincennes announces road project
- Vincennes Main street project underway
- Both Vincennes and Knox county approve funds for facade matching grant
- Facade work continues in downtown Brazil
- New downtown museum receives $45,000 facade grant
- Bid awarded for Poplar Street construction project
- Work continues on Vincennes main street project
- Vincennes begins last phase of levee project