BICKNELL, Ind. (WTHI) - A Knox County, Indiana native was killed during a military training exercise.
News 10 learned 1st Lt. Clayton R. Cullen, a native of Bicknell, Indiana lost his life in a helicopter crash.
Cullen was living in Colorado Springs at the time, stationed at Fort Carson.
He was assigned to the 4th Infantry Division in the U.S. Army.
Cullen and Chief Warrant Officer 2 (CW2) Kevin F. Burke, of California, were taking part in a training exercise at Fort Irwin when the helicopter crashed.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Bicknell native killed during military training exercise
- U.S. serviceman killed during training exercise identified as Indiana native
- Pentagon reviewing military use of exercise trackers
- Funeral arrangements released for local soldier killed in training exercise
- Bicknell tears down blighted homes
- Bicknell interlocal agreement passed 5-1
- Bicknell makes road and housing upgrades
- Bicknell officer avoids trial through plea agreement
- 50-year-old time capsule opened in Bicknell
- Bicknell gets an extension on blight elimination program