MARTIN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Indiana State Police reports a Bedford man was killed on Monday after a single vehicle accident near Shoals.
The accident happened Monday around 3:30 p.m. on U.S. 40.
ISP reports 33-year-old Eric Gootee was traveling east on U.S. 40 in a 2008 Kenworth truck when a large tree fell into his path.
The tree struck the truck directly at the windshield.
Police report Gootee was killed in the accident.
U.S. 50 was closed for more than two hours while police investigated the crash and the scene was cleared.
- Bedford man killed after tree falls on truck in Martin County
- Falling tree kills driver in Martin County
- Driver killed when tree falls on truck
- Silver Alert issued for missing Bedford man
- Martin County man killed in crash
- Girl Scout, 11, killed by falling tree at Indiana camp
- One arrested after pursuit in Martin County
- Power restored in Daviess and Martin counties
- Martin County hostage situation ends without incident
- Martin County crash ends with one dead