BRAZIL, Ind. (WTHI) - A large structure fire destroys a pole barn and a garage in Brazil.
The fire happened around 6 p.m. Sunday evening near Twin Beach Street.
Fire crews say smoke could be seen from Terre Haute and downtown Brazil.
The fire burned down the pole barn and garage, damaging multiple vehicles.
A motor home, truck, car, and motorcycle were all a loss in the fire.
Flames were shooting out approximately thirty feet, causing nearby homes to be in danger.
Luckily, fire crews were able to get the fire under control quickly.
"Our main objective was to save the houses, so we went in to a mode of putting water supply on the houses, knocking down the heaviest of the fire on the pole barns which we knew would be a total loss," said Earl Hutcheson, fire captain.
Multiple fire agencies assisted on scene of the fire.
They were able to save the houses surrounding the barn from catching fire.
No word yet on what the cause of the fire was.
No one was injured.
- Barn fire in Brazil total loss, multiple vehicles destroyed
- Business in Casey a total loss after early morning fire
- Worthington steakhouse a total loss after an overnight fire
- Vincennes business considered a total loss after massive fire
- Overnight fire destroys McDonald's
- Fire destroys construction business
- Brazil High School monument still destroyed -- what's next?
- Fire crews respond to overnight barn fire
- Brazil gets ready for multiple projects to improve the city
- Cabin a total loss after fire at Fowler Park in southern Vigo County