TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County School Corporation Backpack Program received a generous donation.
Guys Who Give presented the program with a check on Thursday.
It totaled more than $7,000.
The money will help feed Vigo County students outside of school hours.
Organizers say keeping children fed helps them in school, which in turn helps the community.
"It changes a lot of lives...and to me, that's just very valuable. When you touch the heart of a child you will build a stronger adult, a stronger family, and a stronger community for us all to live in," Susan Eisman, from the Vigo County School Corporation said.
Leaders say keeping the backpack program running costs around $188,000.
- Backpack Program receives generous donation
- Loogootee Library receives generous donation
- Terre Haute hospital makes donation to backpack program
- Local restaurant gives Backpack Program a boost
- Vigo County School's backpack program getting revamped
- Organization received big donation
- Terre Haute McDonald's locations donate 20 percent of Thursday night sales to Backpack Program
- Bulletproof backpacks for students
- Vincennes University receives artifacts donation
- Clay County group receives donation