TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local church is putting the focus on Vigo County students, teachers and administrators as they head back to school.
Northside Community Church hosted its second Back to School Sunday this morning.
The service is part of a month long push in support of Vigo County Schools as they start a new year.
Vigo County School Board Secretary Alpa Patel spoke to church members Sunday morning. She talked about the new school year, plans for the future and what's happening with the school board.
New Superintendent Dr. Robert Haworth was last Sunday's guest.
That's where he spoke about being part of Vigo County and his goals for the upcoming school year.
- Back to School Sunday continues at Northside Community Church
- Local choir decks the halls at Northside Community Church
- One person hurt after northside crash
- Old northside Dairy Queen getting a new life
- Renovations continue for Clay Community Schools
- Local church helps families prepare for back to school season
- Local church hosts back-to-school block party
- West Terre Haute church holds community dinner
- Local church hosts community block party
- Local church holds back to school service for Vigo County students and faculty