CLINTON, Ind. (WTHI) – An officer is okay and a suspect seriously injured after an incident in Clinton, Indiana Saturday night.
The incident happened along County Road 1680 South.
According to Indiana State Police, a Clinton police officer tried to pull over a suspected drunk driver. Sergeant Matt Ames tells News 10 at least two people had called 9-1-1 about the driver.
Sgt. Ames explains the officer got out of his vehicle and that is when the suspect drove at the officer, pinning him against his patrol car. The officer then shot the suspect.
The suspect was flown to an Indianapolis hospital. We’re told the officer is okay.
Indiana State Police is leading the investigation.
We will have more on this story on air and online as more details become available.
- suspect shot, officer okay after incident in Clinton
- Name released in fatal weekend train incident in Clinton
- Police: Victim in fatal weekend train incident was female, Clinton resident
- Man sues police officer who shot him
- Search continues for Clinton Casey's armed robbery suspect
- Clinton Police mourns the loss of retired K9 officer
- An 8-hour standoff ended with 6 Philadelphia officers shot. An attorney told the suspect to surrender
- Barricaded subject arrested without incident
- Rediscover Clinton receives big boost
- Car crashes into Clinton IGA