TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Award-winning author Arshay Cooper is in Terre Haute this week.
Cooper is a member of the first all-black rowing team in the US.
He has been visiting area schools to talk to kids about his experiences.
On Friday he shared some of it with people at Fairbanks Park.
They learned all about rowing and even did some of their own on the Wabash River.
On Saturday, it's all about the kids.
The crew will be at Fairbanks Park from 10:00 a.m. until noon.
- Award-winning author and rower makes Terre Haute stop
- #ConfirmKavanaugh makes Terre Haute stop
- Terre Haute Fire Department wins state award
- Indiana's attorney general makes Terre Haute stop
- Terre Haute based cancer center wins patient satisfaction award
- Terre Haute South wins Safe Sports School Award
- Mobile classroom makes Terre Haute stop to talk financial empowerment
- Shoe Bus receives grant, make stop at Terre Haute school
- New Girl Scouts leader makes a stop in Terre Haute
- Well-known illusionist makes a stop in Terre Haute