PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Police have identified the man involved in a Parke County crash on Friday morning.
The crash happened around 9:30 on State Road 59, just south of County Road 720 South.
That is near Mansfield.
According to police, 69-year-old Donald Stevenson of Reelsville, Indiana was driving a semi south on 59 when he suddenly went off the road into a wooded area.
Stevenson was trapped inside the semi for about one hour before rescuers could free him.
He was airlifted to an Indianapolis hospital with "significant leg injuries."
Investigators think a sudden health issue may have led to the single-vehicle crash.
Crews closed State Road 59 while they freed Stevenson from the crash and to clean up the scene.
- 69-year-old Truck driver airlifted after Parke County semi crash
- Parke County man airlifted after lawnmower accident
- One person airlifted after single-vehicle Parke County crash
- Police in Parke County investigate crash, one airlifted
- 69-year-old man killed in Daviess County accident
- Semi driver cited after hitting INDOT truck in Vermillion County
- Two children airlifted after Vermillion County crash
- Vermillion County crash ends with one airlifted
- Driver seriously injured in semi crash
- One woman airlifted after serious crash in Parke County near Lyford