KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - We have an update on a Friday afternoon coal mining accident in Knox County.
An accident at Sunrise Coal in Oaktown killed 34-year-old Jason Williams of Bloomfield.
Knox County Coroner Brian Hagen has released the preliminary results of Wiliams' autopsy.
According to the report, the cause of death was internal injuries.
Hagen said toxicology results are still pending.
A representative from Sunrise Coal said the accident happened while Williams was driving a "mantrip" underground.
The accident remains under investigation.
- Autopsy reveals the cause of death for Greene County miner
- Preliminary autopsy results reveal the cause of death for 20-year-old Mitchell Ridge
- Man found dead at Knox County farm, autopsy scheduled
- Kids learn about minerals at Marshall summer camp
- Local miners helping kids have a better Christmas
- Autopsy completed for body found in pond
- Cause of death revealed for Paris fire victim
- Autopsies complete for two women that died in weekend accident
- Autopsy performed with positive ID on Michael Reynolds
- UPDATE: Autopsy results released for double shooting victim