KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - We have an update on a Friday afternoon coal mining accident in Knox County.
An accident at Sunrise Coal in Oaktown killed 34-year-old Jason Williams of Bloomfield.
Knox County Coroner Brian Hagen has released the preliminary results of Wiliams' autopsy.
According to the report, the cause of death was internal injuries.
Hagen said toxicology results are still pending.
A representative from Sunrise Coal said the accident happened while Williams was driving a "mantrip" underground.
The accident remains under investigation.
- Autopsy reveals the cause of death for Greene County miner
- Preliminary autopsy results reveal the cause of death for 20-year-old Mitchell Ridge
- Kids learn about minerals at Marshall summer camp
- Local miners helping kids have a better Christmas
- Man found dead at Knox County farm, autopsy scheduled
- Autopsy completed for body found in pond
- 6th annual 'Made in Greene County' event
- Silver Alert issued for Greene County man
- Greene County murder trial on-going
- Greene County man found guilty of murder