TERRE HAUTE, IN (WTHI)- The Terre Haute South High School community is in mourning. That’s after the death of 17-year-old Jenna Perrelle. She was a junior softball player at South. She died in a car accident that happened last Thursday night.
Vigo County Deputies say it happened near Curry Dr. and Sullivan Pl.
The crash involved only one car.
Police say multiple people were in the car at the time. They have since then been taken and released from Terre Haute Regional Hospital.
They’re not releasing the names of these individuals because they say it’s is an ongoing investigation.
Officials did say that speeding appeared to be a factor in this crash.
Saturday the community has the opportunity gather at a vigil.
It will be from 4pm-6pm at the South High School Media Center. Counselors will also be there for students who need it. News 10 will follow this and keep you posted for anymore further updates.
- Authorities identified teenage victim in fatal crash
- Officials working to identify fatal crash victim
- Victim identified in Clay County fatal crash
- UPDATE: victims in fatal Sullivan County accident identified
- Police identify the victim of Friday night fatal crash on I-70
- Police identify victim of Halloween night fatal crash in Terre Haute
- Victims of Knox County fatal fire identified as husband and wife
- Coroner identifies victim of Meridian Tower fire
- Victim and suspect of deadly stabbing identified
- Driver in fatal I-70 crash identified, troopers say tire issue to blame