GRANGER, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say an off-duty Indiana State Police trooper has been shot and wounded by his son at the trooper’s home in northern Indiana.
The St. Joseph County prosecutor’s office says the trooper was shot late Thursday in Granger and was taken to a hospital in semi-stable condition with a single gunshot wound.
The prosecutor’s office says the trooper’s son, who is a juvenile, was detained on a preliminary charge of attempted murder pending a review by prosecutors and juvenile authorities.
The Associated Press isn’t reporting the name of the trooper to avoid identifying his son. The shooting is under investigation and the prosecutor’s office says it planned to release additional information later.
- Authorities: Off-duty Indiana trooper shot, wounded by son
- Investigators: Indiana boy shot trooper dad over video games
- Authorities: Man fatally shot in Indiana hunting accident
- Authorities: Dead dogs dumped in Indiana were shot, beaten
- Police: Indiana officer accidentally shoots, wounds self
- Illinois State Trooper with Clark County ties killed in the line of duty
- 5 people, including 2 judges, shot, wounded in Indianapolis
- ISP trooper shot in the head during chase in Jeffersonville
- Illinois trooper shot in East St. Louis executing warrant
- Girl seriously wounded in Indiana school attack improves